Are you ready to lead and inspire your team to achieve amazing sales?
Make customers feel welcome and feel welcome to be yourself
Welcome to H&M! A workplace where you can be yourself & much more! As a Department Manager, you’ll learn the basics of running a store, join a talented team of new friends – and most importantly – learn how to make our customers feel welcome, happy and inspired.
The Department Manager position is your starting point at H&M and your introduction to the fast-paced world of global fashion. This position could be the start of a lifelong career in improving fashion.
We want to make it possible for everyone to look good, feel good and do good. We are proud to have made fashion accessible to everyone in the past and our ambition for tomorrow is to make fashion even more sustainable, inclusive and welcoming.
Why work at H&M?
H&M is a workplace where you are part of a global fashion family that combines teamwork with individual expression, offering you the challenges and opportunities that can help you learn, grow and succeed.
We believe that the real magic happens when you combine different talents, experiences and styles. That is why our teams are made up of different personalities, talents and people from all kinds of backgrounds. If you are willing to learn, grow and help our customers and your colleagues, H&M will always be a place for you to both express your individuality and feel that you belong.
We also believe that you can’t change the world without great people by your side.
That’s why we offer all our employees generous benefits, many learning opportunities and the opportunity to either build a career for the longer term or work flexible hours while you pursue other dreams. We believe in developing our employees for future growth, many of our global leaders started their careers in our stores.
Bring your whole personality to work, stay as long as you want and grow more than you ever thought possible. Be yourself and more at H&M.
Besides a lot of fun, the job of Department Manager at H&M comes with a lot of responsibilities. The following tasks are on your ‘to do’ list:
- Ensuring that your department provides excellent customer service on the sales floor, in the fitting rooms and at the checkout
- Ensuring that all goods are properly received and presented in the store according to our guidelines
- Implement and follow up sales activities together with the entire store team.
- Recruit, train, develop and monitor Sales Advisors along with the rest of the store team
- Plan your department in such a way, organize it according to priorities
- Ensure profitability through budget planning, follow-up, administrative routines and loss prevention
- Be an example and role model for your team
We believe that you, like everyone else at H&M, are a sales-oriented, social, communicative, and ambitious team player, full of energy and optimism. You have the following
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and you know how to take care of our customers
- You have the talent to provide constructive and sincere feedback and to coach your team
- You are organized and can set the right priorities
- You can multitask in a fast-paced environment
- You are able to plan well – be able to set goals, delegate work and follow up on results
- You have strong merchandising skills and the talent to drive sales through creativity and extensive fashion knowledge.
- You have a positive attitude and are willing to learn and improve